THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH THE DOMINICAN SISTERS OF MISSION SAN JOSE!
The Dominican Boutique Difference
Have you asked yourself, “What difference does ‘Shopping with the Sisters’ make?”
It makes a world of
difference to the Dominican Sisters and families near and far – so let me count
• 1,300 home-made Fruitcakes will be savored by folks who treasure the Sisters’ secret recipe.
• 2,760 bottles of fresh, extra-virgin Dominican Sisters Olive Oil will glisten with flavor a top fresh greens, vegetables or French bread.
• Home baked apple strudel, almond bark, bourbon balls, biscotti and cookies helped Bay Area households celebrate and give thanks.
• Distinctive hand-made afghans, scarves, hats, jewelry, toys, origami, holiday wreaths and decorations will be unwrapped and enjoyed this Christmas.
• Sales of intricate hand woven items made by indigenous Chiapas artisans for the Boutique topped $1,680 and will be returned to Dominicans working in Mexico to help sustain important ministries and outreach.
• Handmade German stars, beautiful cards and prints will greet you on Christmas morning.
• The safety of retired Dominican sisters will be supported by emergency evacuation chairs planned for installation in Motherhouse stairwells.
• Philippine families facing hardship and loss after Typhoon Haiyan will feel the warmth of your care and love, with 10 percent of Boutique proceeds forwarded to support Franciscan sponsored rebuilding efforts.
THANK YOU for caring, sharing and supporting the –
2013 Annual “Shop with the Sisters” Boutique!
May your Advent season be a time of graced preparation, culminating in a
joyful Christmas and New Year rich in God’s blessings!